03 February, 2006

Tom Selleck

















Recently, while enjoying a surf through the bloggosphere I tumbled into Tom Selleck's Life, http://tomselleck.blogspot.com/ a blog allegedly written by the actor of the same name. I will be the first to admit that we all have our moments of insecurity; that sometimes we share too much with, or worry too much about, what our fans think of us. After all, if we have a following we will work and survive in a very competitive field. It is wise to keep one's finger on the pulse of one's popularity. But, is this blog written by the Tom that I know? Oh Yes, I have crossed paths with Tom many times over the years (see photo from 1985). The Tom I know is an articulate man of decision who is rife with joyous spontaneity. He is not someone who endlessly ponders the pros and cons of various BBQ grills; not someone who questions the Hair On His Face! Never! Not THE mustachioed one! AND: most certainly he is not someone who would give, even a moment's thought, subconscious or otherwise, to Don Johnson and a power-sucking razor.

Perhaps I will give him a call but I will keep the outcome of that between him and me. We do require some privacy as I am sure you understand.

No comments: