14 January, 2007

A Trip.

When Dennis Tito returned from his journey as Earth's first space tourist in 2001, I helped model the space suit at his press conference. This shot was taken just as I was stepping away from the podium and Dennis was explaining how thick a wad of $1000 bills would have to be in order to purchase a ride on his next excursion. After the conference, Dennis was kind enough to escort me to my hotel in his limousine. It was a long drive so we sat back and enjoyed a glass of Château Pétrus from his well stocked bar. I took the opportunity to learn more about his adventure and was intrigued, and inspired, by his passionate recollections of every detail of his journey. I peppered him with questions until 0400h. I suppose he remembered my enthusiasm because last week he called and we went for a little spin up there. I snapped this with my secret wrist camera.


Thanks, for giving it back Mel.

4 comments:

Chester The Bear said...

I think the fourth ball of light from the right is moving.

Identity Crisis said...

You may be right. I must apologize for the blurred image but it's just one big celestial game of dodge ball up there.

Chester The Bear said...

I thought they were just pin holes in the canvas.

Identity Crisis said...

Aaaah...Dennis warned me not to tell anyone. "They won't believe you," he said. Apparently some people even think the Americans faked the moon landing in 1969 - can you believe that!?