During my recent stay in rehab I had the opportunity to spend some time with an incredible and complicated man. I believe he was drawn to me because of The Bridge, which, as you know, examines my spiritual journey. I encouraged him to explore his recent transgressions in a similarly cathartic way and we brainstormed late into the night while sipping icy carrot juice spiced with fresh ginger. We enjoyed several stimulating conversations on religion and faith, addictions and passions...and yes, even, acting and directing. I ended up agreeing to a cameo role as the strict but empathetic rehab nurse in his impending (I hope), perhaps loosely autobiographical, film. (I declared the working title to be All I Yearned was Carrots. He was mildly amused by my blatant self promotion.) I believe he gained a great deal of insight from our discussions and is essentially an extremely intelligent man driven by intense passions which, unfortunately, have led to a sad and uncharacteristic mistake. It seems to me that his soul is healthier than his, now sober, but once impaired, brain. It is a good brain - quick, imaginative, and overflowing with a lifetime of real and surrearl memories but not a good vessel for the demon rum. Recently, after a long day of intense and therapeutic soul searching he suddenly became very quiet- introspective -if you believe those eyes- sighed, and collapsed against me. ... Hey! When would I have another chance to be photographed with him? While he rested his heavy head on my shoulder, I snapped this shot with my secret wrist camera. Cheers! MG! Keep healing.... and peeling those carrots.
04 December, 2006
Bridges and Transitions
During my recent stay in rehab I had the opportunity to spend some time with an incredible and complicated man. I believe he was drawn to me because of The Bridge, which, as you know, examines my spiritual journey. I encouraged him to explore his recent transgressions in a similarly cathartic way and we brainstormed late into the night while sipping icy carrot juice spiced with fresh ginger. We enjoyed several stimulating conversations on religion and faith, addictions and passions...and yes, even, acting and directing. I ended up agreeing to a cameo role as the strict but empathetic rehab nurse in his impending (I hope), perhaps loosely autobiographical, film. (I declared the working title to be All I Yearned was Carrots. He was mildly amused by my blatant self promotion.) I believe he gained a great deal of insight from our discussions and is essentially an extremely intelligent man driven by intense passions which, unfortunately, have led to a sad and uncharacteristic mistake. It seems to me that his soul is healthier than his, now sober, but once impaired, brain. It is a good brain - quick, imaginative, and overflowing with a lifetime of real and surrearl memories but not a good vessel for the demon rum. Recently, after a long day of intense and therapeutic soul searching he suddenly became very quiet- introspective -if you believe those eyes- sighed, and collapsed against me. ... Hey! When would I have another chance to be photographed with him? While he rested his heavy head on my shoulder, I snapped this shot with my secret wrist camera. Cheers! MG! Keep healing.... and peeling those carrots.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment